Kate The Waitress
Hi! I'm Kate. I'm a waitress. I've been working in this restaurant, here in northern Utah, for pretty much my whole life. My family owns it. Now most people assume when i say my family, that my parents own it. No. My aunt and uncle own this restaurant. But what most people don't have in common with my family, is my aunt and uncle are my other parents, and my cousins are like siblings. My aunt is my mom's little sister, but sometimes it just seems like my grandparents had quintuplet girls. They all act the same, talk the same, and laugh the same.
Anyway, that has nothing to do with me being a waitress. But I started as a busser when I was thirteen and continued to become a hostess then I ran the to go window for a whole summer. When i returned home from my two year college, I became a server and have been doing that for the last five years. You'd think working at a restaurant gets old after a while. Well I'm here to tell you, it does.But I'm still here. I've left and come back so many times. Maybe because of the fact that when you're good at something, it's easy to fall back on it. I'm good at waitressing. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but toot toot. I'm not saying it's my calling, I'm not the Rachmaninoff of waitresses. I'm not going to be doing this for the rest of my life (hopefully), but it is nice to always have something fall back on.
0 Responses

Post a Comment